So it’s Wednesday. And normally menu plans are posted on Mondays, right? Summer has a way of making me lose all track of the days of the week, it seems.
Between trying to keep up with the garden and the kids, I’m good to even have a meal plan right now! We won’t talk about the whole it’s too hot to cook thing either. And when the deep south gets too hot for cooking, we turn to a lot of grilled foods with salads! However, I will probably turn the oven on long enough to bake a blackberry cobbler with our garden blackberry bounty.
This week’s menu:
- Baked tilapia, green beans with new potatoes, summer squash
- Grilled pork chops, grilled squash,rice, cole slaw
- Chicken fajitas, black beans, guacamole & salsa with chips
- Fried rice with stir-fry chicken, veggie stir-fry
- Pizza (maybe homemade but probably takeout…smile…), salad
- Anniversary dinner…not sure what we will do just yet
Goals for the week:
- cut a hole in the wall (Yep. Remodeling)
- shop for the kids’ summer camp needs
- work on new blog & business Facebook page
- write thank you notes
- tie up the ever-growing tomato plants in the tomato jungle
- rearrange living room and girls’ room
I know reading someone’s goals may be a bit boring to most. But it helps keep me accountable by posting it.
Ok, off to make progress on that to-do list! On today’s to-do…cut a hole in the wall. Fun stuff’s happening around here!