Dave and I have decided to challenge ourselves to eating from our freezer and pantry this week. We will be making a little store run to pick up a few staples (oil, milk, cheese, fruit & veggies, toilet paper) but that’s it. We thought this would be a fun little challenge and maybe a way to show ourselves that we can use what we have on hand & save a little money in the process.
It does help that we bought quite a bit of meat on sale last week so our freezer is well stocked. I’m also going to be making a bit more from scratch than normal. However, with the school year winding down, that should be easier too.
Here is what we will be eating this week:
- Slow cooker pork chops, rice, broccoli, bread
- Sloppy Joe’s, oven fries, salad
- Slow cooker Sticky Chicken, rice, green beans
- Herbed pork roast, roasted potatoes & carrots, salad
- Homemade pizza night, salad, brownies
- Mother’s Day picnic - (We’ll probably grill but I haven’t decided what I’d like yet. And it probably won’t come from the freezer so this one is the challenge breaker.)
- turkey, veggies,& noodle stir-fry, apples
- spaghetti, salad, fruit
- soft tacos with fixings, beans, fruit
- hot dogs, chili, oven fries
- sandwiches, popcorn, fruit
- fried eggs & toast, fruit
- pancakes & fruit
- banana bread, scrambled eggs
- cinnamon rolls & sausage
I’ll let you know how we did next week!
This post linked to: