Upon opening my garden journal and looking over last year’s notes, I realized that I am all ready behind in my planting for the 2013 gardening season!
These next few days will be spent organizing & ordering seeds. Hopefully I’ll find some time to get out to the garden and clean up because it is a mess. I’m quite embarrassed by the chaos called the garden out back.
Since we live in the deep south (Louisiana), we should be starting seeds soon too. So it is most important that I get this done a.s.a.p!
A few things to be done for the 2013 garden season:
- Turn this box into my new seed storage box. I’m thinking a little fabric, hot glue, and some file folders in order to make an organized & cute seed storage box.
- Order seeds & plants.
- Fix those broken raised beds in the garden!
- Find a new location for the grow light and start seeds.
- Clean garden tools.
- Add compost to raised beds.
Some helpful resources for you & me:
- What to plant in Louisiana for January & February, and March
- Seed organizing at An Oregon Cottage (also info on seed starting)
- Sprout Robot (enter your zip code for info on when & what to plant)
- Helpful books
- Companion planting information to get the most out of your small space
Have you started organizing and planning your 2013 garden?