I haven’t a clue what week to number this since I’ve been on again/off again with this weight loss. I’m thinking that I just need to start again at week 1. So how did it go…
Well, I originally started this weight loss again the week before last but that was possibly the worst week to start since David was out of the state for a few days. Not to mention some other things happened that week and I gained a few pounds (which I honestly believe was just water weight). After that week of doing everything around the house, I can say that I have a whole new appreciation for people whose spouse is deployed and single parents. I knew that David does a lot to help me around here but now I KNOW that David does a lot to help me around here. Truly, I fell into the bed exhausted each night and had to drag myself out of it in the mornings. I realize that this is just an excuse but it really was hard to find time to focus on me & my weight loss needs that week.
So I started last week with a 3 pound weight gain that I needed to lose again! The key to weight loss for me is exercise and I was pumped to start the couch to 5K especially after I took the kids to running club last Monday. Then, I twisted my ankle on Monday night. And I didn’t do it while running or exercising but just walking in my yard! So the only exercise that I got last week was the lap I walked at running club with a 25 pound toddler on my shoulders because he wouldn’t walk.
But I am glad to say, despite my inability to exercise and my half-hearted attempts at food journaling, I lost those 3 pounds.
So I’m back where I started from this second time I started this weight loss attempt. Whew! (And if I were brave enough, I’d post the numbers but I’m not that brave…yet.)
So here are my goals for this week:
- Journal my food intake everyday. (And actually finish it instead of losing interest after lunch.)
- Maintain 1200 – 1400 calories a day.
- Drink only one Coke a day! (Yes, still working on this one. More about it at the end of this post)
- Exercise at least five days this week. Starting with walking right now as my ankle continues to heal.
- Continue to eliminate white flour/refined carbohydrates from my diet and replace them with whole wheat/ whole grain carbs.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day.
I’m going to leave it at those six goals for this week. There are so many more things that I need to do to be healthier but it’s just baby steps right now.
And about that Coca-Cola
A few weeks ago, I came across a post by someone who has reduced her caffeine intake. If you’ve ever had to do this, you realize that your body goes through some serious withdrawal symptoms for a few days. I can never seem to make it past day two before I cave because of the headaches. Anyway, I read where she was using a supplement to help her. I decided to give it a try. I’ve not gone completely cold turkey with the soda yet but I have noticed that the supplement does help my overall attitude. (Its name is L-Phenylalanine.) Here is her post on the topic if you are interested.
To help me reach for something besides a soda, there are two things that I’ve done:
1. I limit the amount of soda in the house. (hard to drink it if it’s not there…)
2. I keep a jug of cold water and cut lemons in the frig. The convenience of having it all ready will make me reach for it instead of opting for more soda or nothing at all.
Wow! I was chatty in this post. I hope you have a great Monday!