Hi y’all! I sort of disappeared on you all, didn’t I? I thought that I’d do a quick catch up post. Here’s the short story on what’s been going on the past two weeks. It’s been a tough few days and my brain feels a bit slow tonight so the sentences may not be complete or even that coherent. But there will be pictures…lots and lots of pictures! :)
- Family Reunion
Fun times with the cousins, good music, and good talks
- Busy times as we prepare for school to begin
(More about that on the homeschool blog)
- The modem went out and we had no internet access.
(And I didn’t even have withdrawals!)
- We received a new modem and got internet access again but I was too busy to get online.
Then I realized that I did miss it!
- And the internet quit working again for some unknown reason!
(But all is well now. :)
- Somewhere in the midst of all of the offline time, Baby Boy demanded coffee or “hot foffee” in his words. He loves coffee. And black only, please. Do not give the boy milk and sugar in his hot foffee. It will not be well received.
- Taking pictures of the few things alive in my sun-scorched, drought-ridden garden…it’s bad, really bad
But we are finally getting a break from the hot temperatures. It’s only in the low 90s this week! Much better than low 100s, any day!
- David had an interview and was given a promotion!!!
That was a much needed answer to prayer for this family.
And on that same day, he had jury duty and was chosen to serve as an alternate on the case.
That makes me smile… a job interview, a promotion, and jury duty all on the same day. I have no idea why but that makes me laugh! How often does that happen?
- The cooler temperatures have brought more time outdoors so the kids have built a shooting range. Their guns are rubber bands on sticks. I’m thinking this one needs a post all of its own!
I love seeing children’s imaginations at work.
I think that may be all of the past week or so with the exception of some school posts which will show up soon on the homeschool blog.
I hope you all are doing well!