~Sorry. This is not a fun post with pictures but it is a necessary post. I will post a nice post next. And sorry for the lack of pictures. You know how I like pictures. <grin> Also if you want to skip all of the wordiness, the summary is bolded at the bottom! ~
Let me start this post by saying the following:
1. I am not an impulsive person.
2. I usually think things through frontwards, backwards, upside down, frontwards, backwards…(you get the picture) before I make a move on much of anything.
3. Most of the impulsive decisions that I have made are not very good decisions. :)
Why am I saying all of that?
Well, last night’s post on my weight loss blog about closing it down may have seemed like a very impulsive move but it has been on my mind for a while. I have mentioned a time or two (or three) that I have been having a chaotic year. Since the birth of my fifth child, I feel like I’ve been trying to keep my head above the water. Seriously. I am not being a drama queen here because that is one thing I am not. It has been tough.
And I’m not alone. I read in Michelle Duggar’s book that she felt the same way after her fifth child. (I believe it was her fifth. I don’t have my book here to reference it so please correct me if I am wrong.) She said it was after that child that she saw that she needed to get it together. I’ve also had friends who’ve told me these same things. Some said it after their fourth and some after they’ve had many more. At some point, a large family (though I don’t really count us as large) has to have organization and order or chaos will ensue.
I need to get that for my family ~ organization…order…routine. The funny thing is I love all of those things and yet somewhere along the line, it has gotten out of control around here. And sometimes…sometimes it’s because I’ve not shown self-control.
No self-control in disciplining my children because I’m tired of doing it again.
No self-control with my quick to anger tongue because I’m tired of saying it again. <OUCH>
No self-control because I’ve used the internet to escape my home from the chaos because I don’t know if I have the energy to formulate a plan for order.
Now, I’m not giving up the internet. I love the friendships that I’ve made and I love the fact that I have learned so much from so many. Not to mention, this blog is my journal. I come here to record my days. I write here to share the thoughts that I’ve thought that I probably didn’t say because I was listening to my children instead. Honestly, this blog and some of the others that I read are like hanging out with friends. I don’t plan on giving that up.
But I am going to simplify and lay out some guidelines for myself.
- I am closing my weight loss blog and posting my weight loss stuff here. It will mainly be my weigh-ins and maybe some other tidbits every once in a while.
- I am going to limit my online time to times when my children are asleep or during quiet time.
- I am going to limit my online time to one hour a day and that will include the time to write these posts. <gulp>
- I plan on spending time online if I’ve finished some of my to do list and spent some quiet time in the Word.
This is not all that I am going to do to help my household run better but it is where I am going to start in order to give to my children what they need. I will spend some time this summer laying out a plan of order for our home. My children need it. I need it.
Soooo, all that to say: I’m simplifying and I may not be around as much but I will be around. I plan to post at least 3 -4 times a week…more if I can stay on target with my family’s needs.
Now, speaking of self-control… :) my weigh-in for this week:
I did not lose or gain any weight.