Four generations of Barrett women ~ My Mom, my Grandma, my girls, and me
I am blessed ~ truly blessed. I was brought up in a godly home by godly parents. My mom and dad are two of the most faithful, generous, and loving people that I know. And I’ll tell you about my dad next month. Today, I’m going to share a bit about my mom.
Here are some things I love dearly about my mom:
- My mom is a godly woman.
- She is my best friend.
- She can cook like you wouldn’t believe. No one and I mean no one can make a brisket or roast like her. Even a ham sandwich tastes better made by my mom. :)
- She is a great encourager.
- She is who she is and she’s not afraid to be who she is.
- She thinks and feels deeply. She wants to get to know things & people on a deeper level than just the surface.
- My mom has a gentle and quiet spirit ~ some call it reserved and shy ~ I call it gentle and quiet (I Peter 3:4).
- She may be gentle and quiet but she is a strong woman.
- She prays daily for my family.
- She is a good listener.
- She loves her children and her grandchildren.
- She is selfless and generous.
I could go on and on about my mom. I love her and I am so thankful for her. I am amazed that God put me in the home that He did and allowed me to be a part of such a special family. It is one of my biggest blessings in this lifetime. I only hope (& pray) that I can grow into a woman like the woman who lived her life so openly devoted to God before me.
And mom, thank you…I love you!